Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Premier League giants fighting over wonderkid

Three of the Premier League’s biggest sides, Arsenal, Manchester City
 and Chelsea are fighting it out for the signature of a Brazilian wonder-kid.
17-year-old Victor Andrade has been watched by all three Premier League sides, and he has already stated his desire to play football in England.
He was reported by The Mirror as saying: “I think it will be a great education for me. Everybody around the world knows about the strength of the Premier League”
Andrade’s Destiny
He is already a first team regular for Santos, and would be available for around £2.5m as his contract runs out at the end of the season – and Andrade is not interested in signing a new deal.
He will not even need to apply for a work permit as he qualifies for Portuguese citizenship through his Mother.
And Europe is where he feels his destiny lies.
“Quite simply, I would love to play in Europe,” he said.
“My godfather Robinho has told me of the great experiences he had at Real Madrid, Manchester City and AC Milan. He told me how it made him a better player because playing in Europe means you must adapt to different styles and systems.”
Exciting Prospect
While the youngster feels that taking the plunge and moving abroad will help him improve his game.
“It is a very exciting prospect for me. My dream is to play for Brazil in the World Cup and I believe that moving to Europe will help me because it will help my all-round game,” he continued.
“And many Brazilian players have done well when they have played in England. Players like David Luiz and Oscar at Chelsea and now Paulinho has gone to Tottenham to play
alongside Sandro.”
But he also stressed that he would not be leaving Santos with a sour taste in his mouth.
“I have no problem with Santos. They have helped me a lot. But I think the time is right for me to experience a change.”

No comments:

Post a Comment